Burgundy Leather CollarAdd to Wishlist
Our old school leather dog collars, like the ones your parents talked about back in the day. Leather collars that will age beautifully and get that broken in patina that you can tell stories about but remain strong and soft even after years of wear. We hand craft 17 steps in our shop to take the leather from a hide to your beautiful creation. Nothing is left unfinished- heavy oiled full grain leather with beveled rounded edges and soft pointed ends. We hand edge dye every cut so that nothing looks rushed or unfinished. Let that vintage look come from wear not by skipping any steps in our craft.
Single ply full grain leather so it ages beautifully- no 2 weird pieces sewn together Will be stiffer at the start but just working it in your hands for a bit will soften it up and it will continue to soften and get more beautiful with age. Great for people who need an activity while watching TV- remember how you did that with your baseball glove? Colors will darken with age but get that beautiful patina that good leather gets. Every collar tells that story.
Collars are measured end to end of material not including buckles. Measure your dog’s neck for accurate sizing, don’t use another collar and consult our size chart
- 5 holes for adjustment
- Available in ½” , ¾” 1”, 1 ¼” and 2” widths in appropriate lengths for those widths.
- Can be purchased either plain or decorated
- Beveled edges for comfort with grooves for fanciness.
- Our silver finish buckle set up has the “d” ring on the end ( to attach the leash) then the buckle, then a convenient keeper to hold excess leather and those important ID tags.
- It will fit smaller then the traditional square buckle attachment.
- Our brass finish buckle set up is a traditional square buckle followed by a “d” ring to attach your leash and ID tags.
- Leather is an organic product and so color will be slightly different from piece to piece.
- If you are interested in getting a leash, best to order it at the same time so we can match it while making it.
- Clean with any good leather product that you would use on that special pair of shoes that you treated yourself with, knowing that this might darken the leather. Or let it just age gracefully.
- Not meant for swimming in salt water or it will dry out.
Pairs beautifully with our hydro or leather leashes